Friday 22 July 2011

It's complicated

I remember my GCSE art teacher telling me that clever design was all about taking something that had already been done and making it slightly better without overcomplicating things. At the time I thought that was ridiculous. Why would I copy something only to make it slightly better? Surely I could just do something 'much' better without having to waste time looking at what other people had done?

So the following is a classic example of pure over complicatedness (yes, that word does exist). If only this door had listened to Mr Clench like I didn't.

Lockability 2/5 - only the small fella worked
Securibility 3/5 - even though it's the small one it was far more secure than his big brother above
Lookability 2/5 - too much fuss









No comments:

Post a Comment