Sunday 14 August 2011

Twatter

Hey, I'm now on Twitter. I still need to retro post my earlier findings but all future posts will be available for you and your friends to enjoy. Follow ToiletLockFan at http://twitter.com/ToiletLockFan

More importantly I now have an email address where you can send your finds. Just mail toiletlockfanatic@gmail.com. Hey, you may even get featured on this here blog. Wow! I may also send out some t-shirts for the best finds. Exciting!

Anyway, enough of this social media bollox. Let's get back to the good stuff.

I found this at the Princes Club where you can go wakeboarding. You'll probably notice it's from a portaloo, yup you got it. It's pretty standard for these type of loos. Only last weekend I was at a campsite and noticed the very same lock mechanism on a slightly different design portaloo. Does this mean we are closer to the one solution to the one problem? (see first ever post) Probably not.

I must admit, the locking mechanism is pretty special. Plastic on plastic provides the smoothest of locking action, something you just don't get with metal. And it's chunky so you initially feel secure. However, for some reason I never feel secure in these things. Maybe cos it's not that private and you know you've always got someone else outside waiting impatiently. Or maybe because I saw some punks tipping a load over when I was at Reading Festival '99. Not pretty.

Lockability 5/5
Securibility 2/5
Lookability 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment